We’re Committed To Our Communities
Ruiz Foods is committed to contributing to the communities of our Team Member families. We realize there are many worthwhile organizations vital to community needs. Ideally, we would like to be able to assist each one. Unfortunately, this is not possible.
- Recipient organizations must be located in the U.S. and recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt entities under the Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) to which deductible charitable contributions, as defined in IRC section 170(c)(2), may be made for federal income tax purposes; OR…
- be located in the U.S. and have appropriate IRS status and accreditation by State Department of Education or a nationally recognized accrediting agency. They must be recognized by the IRS as an organization to which deductible charitable contributions may be made.
Ruiz Foods receives more requests for contributions than its budgets will allow it to grant. We have targeted specific areas that are a priority to the corporation to help with reviewing contribution requests:
- Program serving children and youth.
- Programs supporting education for youth and young adults.
Ruiz Foods supports the communities where we live and work.
- Dinuba, California and the Greater Tulare County area
- Tulare, California and the Greater Tulare County area
- Denison, Texas and the Greater Grayson County area
- Florence, South Carolina and the Greater Florence County area
Ruiz Foods refrains from support of:
- organizations without 501(c)(3) status;
- individuals, including student exchange/travel programs, family reunions, memorials and benefits;
- religious affiliations;
- international projects or organizations;
- political parties/causes, candidates or lobbying activities;
Funding is available from the corporate community relations budget. Funding is limited. Decisions are the responsibility of the Ruiz Foods Community Relations Department. All donations are administered from our Community Relations office at Ruiz Foods Corporate Headquarters in Dinuba, California.
- Charitable budgets are extremely tight and focused.
- Grants made to unsolicited applications are very limited.
- Due to the volume of requests received, we are unable to respond to every request.
- Organizations will be contacted if Ruiz Foods requires additional information or if we are able to grant the request.
- Telephone solicitations are not accepted.
- The Community Relations Request Form and all related attachments MUST be submitted at least six to eight (6-8) weeks in advance to allow for review and processing.
In addition to submitting our the Ruiz Foods Community Relations Request Form, the following MUST be included:
- A copy of the organizations recent 501(c)(3) status letter, appropriate IRS status, or accreditation.
- A flyer, brochure or print information regarding the request, organization and/or event.
- A current W9.
If you have further questions or need additional information, contact Blanca Santana:
Ruiz Foods Community Relations
PO Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618