Job Title: Director of Operations
Full responsibility for Operations, Maintenance, Shipping/Receiving and Sanitation along with planning, directing, and maintaining maximum standards of product quality efficiency, safety, cost, and schedule attainment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and execution of short- and long-term manufacturing plans
- Development/Management of operations team skills, facilitate and enable process
- Planning, providing operations expertise to peers and senior management
- Monitor and address equipment needs and ensure high plant efficiencies
- Develop strategic vendor and customer partnerships
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies.
- Creates a technical vision for the company and plans for implementation of new technical projects/ lines
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Reviews operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines project deadlines.
- Directs department activities, through subordinates, to improve production techniques, analyzes technology trends, and human resource needs. Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests. Directs personnel activities of department, such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
- Strategic Thinker
- Proactive Management
- Committed to Success
- Manufacturing Knowledge
- Technical Skills
- Results Motivated
- Good Negotiator
- Irreproachable Integrity
- Leadership Skills
- Strong Convictions
- Team Builder/Player
- Financial Acumen
- Strong Work Ethic
- Coaching Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Food Science, Engineering, or related field. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 15-years related experience and/or training in the food industry / USDA environment. Frozen / Refrigerated plant experience preferred.
- Mexican food experience a plus.
- Strong leadership and Management skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast pace multi-plant environment.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Ability to relate information clearly, and concisely
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- M3, Red Zone knowledge a plus
For more info and to apply, click here.
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.