Job Title: Tax Clerk
$25 – $30 per hour (DOE)
Data Entry and Record Keeping:
- Accurately enter and maintain tax-related data, including financial information, deductions, and credits, into the appropriate systems or databases.
- Create and maintain organized records of tax documents, forms, and correspondence.
- Retrieve and compile tax-related data from various sources to support audits, inquiries, and reporting requirements.
Tax Document Preparation and Processing:
- Assist in the preparation and processing of tax returns, forms, and schedules for individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- Verify the accuracy of tax calculations and supporting documentation.
- Collaborate with tax professionals to gather required information and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
Compliance and Regulatory Support:
- Stay updated on tax laws, regulations, and filing requirements to ensure compliance.
- Assist in researching and interpreting tax laws and regulations to address inquiries and provide accurate information to internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Help prepare and submit tax-related reports, filings, and payments within designated deadlines.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Respond to inquiries from internal departments, clients, and government agencies regarding tax-related matters.
- Collaborate with auditors, accountants, and tax professionals to provide necessary information and support during tax audits and reviews.
- Maintain professional and effective communication with team members and stakeholders to ensure smooth tax-related operations.
Quality Assurance and Process Improvement:
- Conduct regular quality checks on tax-related documents and data to identify and resolve errors or discrepancies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy in tax-related operations.
- Recommend and implement best practices for data management, record-keeping, and compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework in accounting or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in tax preparation, accounting, or a related administrative role is desirable.
- Familiarity with tax laws, regulations, and filing requirements is an asset.
- Proficient in using tax software, spreadsheet applications, and other relevant tools.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with various stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Required: High School or better.
Preferred: Tax preparation, accounting, or a related administrative role is desirable
For more info and to apply, click here.
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.