Job Title: Procurement Buyer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain appropriate inventory controls to ensure product availability within main facility along with outside manufacturing sites including co-pack operations
- Coordinate within in –house departments on changes to raw materials, and packaging utilization
- Monitor all schedule changes and make appropriate notifications as needed, this includes being on call and available when there is plant production which can include weekends and holidays.
- Help to resolve ingredient related issues while working with internal Quality team, Quality Control Suppliers, Materials, Managements, Operations, Transportation and Warehousing
- Works with Quality Control to complete and track all vendor returns related to ingredients and packaging
- Monitor and coordinate new vendor approval process as needed
- Assist Replenishment Manager with maintaining good vendor relations
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring and services, included but not limited to transfers between plants, expediting materials
- Prepares purchase orders and coordinates with supplier on delivery options, considering our transportation team
- Ensures that purchase orders are issued based on the planned schedule and timely delivery information is provided to all concerned parties
- Maintains procurement records such as item or services purchase cost, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel users, vendors, and other to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Works in conjunction with operations and other departments across the company to facilitate implementation of ingredient or packaging changes
- Will train and learn all Ruiz facilities
- Back-up the Purchasing Team in other facilities as needed
- Expedites delivery of goods to users when needed
- In charge of approving indirect requisitions and issuing purchase orders for indirect orders
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of purchasing and/or materials management experience
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school: or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS certification a plus.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good negotiation and leadership skills
- Self motivated, ability to work independently and as a team leader when necessary.
- Have good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task projects and possess a general knowledge of business principles.
- Previous Infor M3 experience preferred.
- Must be a problem solver and detail oriented.
- Ability to compute math problems.
- Must promote a professional image.
- Must be able to travel independently via automobile and/or airplane, as job requires.
Required: Associates or better.
Required: 1-3 years: Purchasing and/or materials management experience
For more info and to apply, click here.
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.