Job Title: Fixed Asset Accountant
COMPENSATION: $80k – $110/yr DOE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as internal reporting metrics.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct relevant financial analysis and provide insights and recommendations to senior management based on the analysis.
- Internal Controls: Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Identify areas for improvement and implement best practices.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Support the annual budgeting process and periodic forecasting activities. Collaborate with various departments to gather financial data, analyze budget variances, and provide accurate and insightful reports.
- Audit Support: Assist in coordinating and providing support for external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements, financial statement footnotes and related documentation. Address audit queries and ensure timely completion of audit
- Compliance: Stay current with relevant accounting regulations and ensure compliance with all reporting Assist in the preparation of reports for banks and other external partners.
- Team Leadership: Supervise and mentor general ledger accountants, providing guidance, training, and performance Foster a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Process Improvement:
- Continuously review accounting processes, identify opportunities for automation and efficiency, and implement streamlined processes to enhance accuracy and productivity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., finance, procurement, operations) to streamline workflows and optimize asset management practices.
- Implement best practices in month-end close processes, minimize risk, and support decision making processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A Master’s degree or CPA certification is highly desirable.
- Proven experience (4-7 years) in an accounting role, preferably in the food or consumer packaged goods industry.
- Previous experience (1-2 years) supervising general ledger accountants and accounting
- Strong knowledge of
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, and
- Excellent understanding of internal controls and financial
- Experience with ERP systems (lnfor M3 experience is highly desirable) and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
- Bachelors or better in Accounting.
For more info and to apply, click here.
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.