Job Title: Director of Engineering
COMPENSATION: $175k – $220k/year (DOE)
SCHEDULE: Onsite Monday – Thursday, Remote Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs engineering personnel in formulating plans, designs, cost estimates, and specifications.
- Apportions work among engineering staff according to specialized training.
- Reviews engineering designs for neatness and accuracy.
- Supervises engineering office team members computing operating budgets, compiling reports, and conducting special investigations and studies to evaluate efficiency of engineering programs.
- Establishes current and long-range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval.
- Creates a technical vision for the company and plans for implementation of new technical projects or product lines.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and Capital approval.
- Reviews operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines schedule of product releases or project deadlines.
- Analyzes new technologies and runs competitive analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a desired 10-15 years of experience in a food processing environment.
- Must be capable of supervising crews and or maintenance personnel during projects.
- Flexible to work weekends, holidays and nights depending on projects.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with experience working in teams to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to analyze data and develop recommendations and solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Ability to relate information clearly, concisely and persuasively.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Auto-CAD.
- Education: Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
- Experience: 10 years: Engineering or related field in a food processing environment.
For more info and to apply, click here.
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.