Job Title: Corporate Paralegal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support General Counsel in managing and maintaining minute books and other corporate records, including maintain and file corporate entity certificate.
- Work closely with General Counsel on corporate governance issues, including support preparation of materials for board of director meetings.
- Provide litigation and discovery support for General Counsel and outside counsel.
- Document management, including update and maintain a database of existing contracts.
- Facilitate approval, filing, renewal and cancellation of corporate contracts, provide initial review and preparation of template agreements.
- Perform other essential functions as assigned and maintain regular attendance.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required
- Notary Certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to identify and prioritize workload and to exercise judgment, initiative and discretion.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of litigation and discovery process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of general business practices.
- Relevant in-house or law firm experience.
Technical/other training or better in Paralegal Studies or related field.
3-4 years: Relevant work experience
For more information and to apply, click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.