Job Title: Operations Manager
COMPENSATION: $100-$140k/yr DOE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and execution of short- and long-term Processing department plans
- Development/Management of processing team skills, facilitate and enable process.
- Planning, providing operations expertise to peers and senior management.
- Monitor and address equipment needs and ensure high plant efficiencies.
- Develop strategic vendor and customer partnerships. Establishes current and long-range objectives, and policies.
- Creates a technical vision for the department and plans for implementation of technical projects/ lines, processes etc.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies within the Processing department.
- Reviews operating results of the processing department, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines project deadlines.
- Directs department activities, through subordinates, to improve production techniques, analyzes technology trends, and human resource needs. Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budgets. Directs personnel activities of department, such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments.
- The Unit Manager is responsible for planning and budgeting labor, materials, and overhead costs, and for meeting budget goals and objectives.
- Develop new methods, procedures, and controls to assure the Processing area succeeds in meeting the objectives.
- Provide the necessary information, reports, comparison, and data that may be needed to facilitate corporate decision-making and to keep the Plant Director informed of operations plans, problems, and opportunities.
- Ensure the safety of team members by evaluating procedures, environment, and equipment to ensure that OSHA requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Food Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training in the food industry / USDA environment. Frozen / Refrigerated plant experience preferred. Mexican food experience a plus.
- Strong leadership and Management skills. Ability to work in a dynamic fast pace multi-plant environment.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Ability to relate information clearly, and concisely
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. M3, Red Zone knowledge a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required.
For more info and to apply, click here.
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.